Thursday, February 26, 2009

Total Recall Being Rebooted???

This site is reporting that Total Recall, one of Arnold Schwarzennegger best entertainment efforts is currently being rebooted.

Sometimes I get drunk or high or I'm just tired and I feel like watching a movie.
I pop one in the DVD player and as the images flow on the screen I sometimes have a Keanu Reeves moment during which I go "Woah! This great piece of entertainment should be remade with today's tech... Wwoooah!"

What is so fantastic in the difference between me, the casual viewer and them, the producers, is that:

1- I don't do cocaïne
2- I don't have the money or the power to make my delusions a reality.

Seriously, Total Recall was an awesome film that does NOT need a reboot.
A sequel, perhaps. To bring back to us this great universe with Verhoeven at the helm again.

But not a reboot.
No.

2 comments:

  1. The Blue-Ray version for TR is absolutely terrible... And no, no rebbot, pleaaaaase!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean the transfer or the movie itself?

    I remember watching it a while ago and thinking that it aged badly.

    It's still Arnie's 3rd or fourth best film imo, after T2, Conan and True Lies.

    ReplyDelete